#321 Top 20 Facebook mantra
Monday 5th May, 2008
Facebook mantra: The best set of rules for living the Facebook good life and avoiding socially embarrassing pitfalls:
1. Bad idea to friend-farm and contact directly another user you don’t already know in your offline life. Third-person introduction (that one degree of separation) is OK.
2. Never Facebook stalk the lovers of friends.
3. Never be seen with embarrassing images.
4. Don’t join groups and fan pages wily-nily.
5. Enjoy always be available. Facebook IS a necessary daily duty.
6. RSVP’d event attendance must be respected and upheld.
7. Facebook friends must be treated with respect. Not just poked.
8. When asked for more information, be flattered and answer with the truth.
9. Never brag in your status update. Its crass, and no-one’s that interested.
10. People who can’t be part of Facebook: Anyone on MySpace, or who has a close relative who is on MySpace, anyone who doesn’t hold to moral values, anyone who uploads too many applications, any fan hungry ‘celebrity’ profile.
11. Never go back on your Facebook word, or abuse trust when confided in.
12. Worth a mention again: Always tell the Facebook truth.
13. Be gentle with non-savvy Facebook users: the elderly and small animals.
14. Do no push or advocate any socially interolerant views. You won’t go far.
15. Help friends that seem in distress. Post on their wall, share the love.
16. Keep a clean profile page: No abusive posted items, notes, information or wall posts.
17. Always respect others views. Even if they have less quality Facebook friends than you. Or are wrong.
18. Avoid copying and pasting friends posts, updates and shares. No matter how amusing they are. You’re not cool. They are.
19. Leave time to see friends away from Facebook.
20. A Facebook friend is a friend for Facebook life.Tweet